Pithead Chapel is seeking a volunteer Social Media Editor to help maintain the magazine’s online presence and to create more awareness for its contributors and others in the writing community.
- Demonstrated experience building an audience through online social networks (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and beyond) in a professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enough free time to interact on social media (mainly Twitter) by posting and/or promoting content on a daily basis
- An active following (readership) of literary magazines and the writing community with the desire to build awareness for writers we’ve published along with news and content from writers and magazines we admire
- Create and share PC archival content and tag the contributor(s)
- Research and share publishing news (books and other literary publications) concerning our contributors
- Position requires approx. 3-5 hours of volunteer work per week
If you’re interested in our volunteer position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you’d be an excellent fit for the position (please also include links to your social media profiles when applying). Thank you.