Would you like to be the volunteer Social Media Editor for an online literary journal? Pithead Chapel is seeking someone artistic, imaginative, and enthusiastic to take charge of our social media accounts and to promote and celebrate our writers. We especially encourage BIPOC writers and editors to apply.
- Demonstrated experience building an audience through online social networks (Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram) in a professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enough free time to interact on social media (mainly Twitter) by posting and/or promoting content on a daily basis
- An active following (readership) of literary magazines and the writing community with the desire to build awareness for writers we’ve published along with news and content from writers and magazines we admire
- Create and share PC archival content and tag the contributor(s)
- Research and share publishing news (books and other literary publications) concerning our contributors
- Position requires approx. 3-5 hours of volunteer work per week
- Knowledge of Hootsuite is preferred, but not required
Interested candidates should send the following information to email@example.com:
- A short paragraph stating why you’d be a good fit with the journal
- Links to social media accounts you currently manage (personal accounts are okay!), and a description of your relevant social media experience
- Your availability to dedicate 3-4 hours each week to managing Pithead Chapel’s Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts
This is a volunteer position. Thank you for your interest!